Monday, May 18, 2009

July 27, 1916

Son,

I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of you. I'm so glad that you decided to do this with your life. I am still living with regret, thinking about the way I treated you. It seems like so long ago, but it was just a few short months ago. Again, I am truly sorry.

I also apologize for taking so long to write. To be honest, this disease is moving faster than the doctor had anticipated and I am starting to feel very weak. It has been difficult for me to write for an extended amount of time, and you will probably notice my poor handwriting because of it.

The entire family is coming to see you play. We leave tomorrow morning. I love you so much, Clay. We all do. We are all so proud of you. I'll telegram you when we arrive.

Love,

Your Father

No comments:

Post a Comment