Sunday, May 17, 2009

April 29, 1916

Son,

Sounds like you are doing good. I'm sorry that your team is playing poorly.

Did I ever mention to you that I've been to St. Louis? It was when I was younger, about 23 or 24, just a little older than you. It was about three of four years before you were born.

The fair really did impact the development of the city.

It's interesting to see you mention the food. Did you know that the ice cream cone, frankfurters, and peanut butter were invented at the World's Fair? Well, no one really knows, but they certainly became popular there.

You should see your little brother Jack. As soon he heard about you joining the baseball league he immediately asked for a mitt and a baseball. He's always looked up to you. Imagine what I would have done a few months ago if BOTH of you boys wanted to play baseball for a living.

Your sister is doing very well on her own. She's finally introduced us to the man she has been seeing recently. Seems like a swell fellow. He owns that drugstore down on the corner of Central, McCormick's Drug Store. That's him, McCormick.

Anyway, your mother and I are doing well. I have an appointment with the doctor next Monday. I will write you to tell you how it went.

Love,

Your Father

No comments:

Post a Comment