Saturday, May 16, 2009

April 25, 1916

Father,

I've decided that when I'm on the road, I'm going to write you on postcards with images of local scenery. Today, I'm in St. Louis getting ready to play the Class A Terriers tomorrow.

I'm enjoying this city very much. As you know, twelve years ago the World's Fair was hosted here and the city is very much influenced by it. Some of the food here is food I have never seen before.

I've pitched in three more games since we've last talked.

In one game in Boston, we played the Chicago Orphans Class A team. We lost again. I lasted six innings and gave up way too many hits. It wasn't my best showing.

Then, we traveled to Philadelphia. It was a crazy game. I pitched 12 innings, but in the 13th they scored a run to win. It was a 0-0 game until then! I struck out 14 batters which was very good.

Finally, two days ago, the Chicago Whales A team came to play us in Boston. We lost yet again. I went 9 innings, but only gave up five hits and struck out eight.

I will write you again soon. We head back to Boston after this.

Love,

Your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment