Saturday, May 16, 2009

April 13, 1916

Father,

Thank you. I can't tell you how much it means to have your blessing. I will make you proud.

After a month of camp with the entire organization, the big league team started on the 1st with games against the Pittsburgh Keystones.

For us young guys, we practiced for another week and then my team, the Class A club, went to Pittsburgh to take on their Class A team.

I'm a little surprised that they placed on the Class A team. There are two lower leagues, the C and B squads. Hopefully I'll play well enough to stay there. If I play well, I'm only one step away from the big league club.

I started in our first game. We lost 2-1, but I pitched well. I went eight innings, walked two, gave up six hits, and struck out four.

To be completely honest, our team isn't too good. I'm not entirely surprised, but at the same time it is a little discouraging that even our young players aren't playing well.

I will be traveling a lot, so I may not be able to write as often but I will certainly try.

Love,

Your Son

P.S. Apparently this "Graveyard" nickname has followed me to the big leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment